I had the most productive Sunday, which inspired me to share some of the things I do every weekend to make sure the next week starts off on the right foot. I find that Mondays aren’t so bad when you have prepared on Sunday and tried to fit in some activities that are good for the soul. I like designating Sundays as “get my life together” days at home because I try not to schedule social events on both weekend days. Sunday is a healthy mix of being productive but also finding time for myself.
Note: I don’t do every single one of these tasks every Sunday, but I do as many as I can based on how I feel. I try not to be hard on myself if I don’t get much done; instead I’m happy with whatever I accomplish because any planning ahead is beneficial.
Things to do on Sundays for a better week:
- Empty/reload the dishwasher.
- Clean out the fridge.
- Catch up on laundry.
- Look up lunch at my daughter’s school so I know when to pack lunch and when she will buy school lunch.
- Empty trash and recycling around the house.
- Plan my blog schedule and finish any posts.
- Schedule workouts for the week.
- Decide on dinners for the week. (This is flexible.)
- Order and pickup groceries (or have them delivered), if needed.
- Take a look at the budget to make sure everything’s on track.
- Self-care, whether it’s working out, applying a mask, using a bath bomb or watching a favorite show. I try to meditate every night as well using the Headspace app.
- Redo my nails at home.
- Fill out my planner with everything I need to do and remember for the week. Write down a goal or two.
- Get out of the house, even if it’s just for a walk around the neighborhood.
- Have a good family dinner.
- Incorporate a spiritual practice, like meditation or prayer.
The more of this list I can accomplish, the better prepared I am for the week ahead. How do you prepare for the week? Do you designate a day to get all the things done?