Baby Girl Haul, Wish List Items & the New Year, New Baby Giveaway!
I may already be a mom to a toddler, but I have never been pregnant before, so shopping for baby items has been off to a slow start so far. I chose to focus on decluttering and the holidays before really starting to buy products for our baby girl, who is due in late April. Also, my family has expressed a desire to throw a baby shower this month, so I’m holding off on the major essentials until then so I can see what I have left to get. That hasn’t stopped me from purchasing (and being gifted) some lovely clothing items for our little one in the meantime. Today I’m sharing my baby girl clothing haul and a giveaway!
My approach to baby clothes shopping so far:
- The items I bought were all on clearance, which has been nice as well since many of these will only be worn one or a few times (or not at all) as she grows! (I spent only $25 on about seven items during one trip!)
- So far I’ve gotten clothing in various sizes, from newborn to a gifted onesie that is 6-9 months. If she doesn’t wear something I will sell or donate the item as I do with everything else I declutter!
- One of my goals when shopping for baby clothes is to not only focus on pink for my baby girl. I want her to wear all sorts of colors, including blue!
- I know people tell new moms to buy practical clothing, but I don’t think everything has to only be about efficiency. If you want to buy something cute, like something for photos, go for it! Also, it’s suggested to stay away from light colors because of stains, but again, if you want something white, get it!
Not pictured: Neutral-colored giraffe onesies and the pink little sister onesie we used in our gender reveal.
A Peek Into My Baby Wish List:
As you can see, I haven’t purchased much. I’m still in shopping-list-creating mode. I want to avoid buying things that are unnecessary, but that’s such a challenge!
The items below are just a peek into what’s on my wish list/registry. Some of the items also happen to be featured in the giveaway I am teaming up to do with some of my mommy blogger friends. We are giving away a bundle of amazing products for your baby worth $200!
One product I have heard rave reviews about was the Boppy nursing and positioning pillow, so it was one of the first items I added to my baby registry. I love all the different designs you can choose from for the cover, especially this Love print. I find that it’s gender neutral and just lovely. Plus, you can switch out the cover if you want!
I like that the tag illustrates the different positions in which you can use the Boppy.
- I also really want the Frida Baby newborn grooming and healthcare kit we are featuring in our giveaway! It has everything you need for your little one.
- I can’t wait to get some adorable swaddle blankets as well! I have even seen some that match mommy maternity robes. How cute would that be for a newborn family photo session?!
- Because our families live far away from us in Chicago, a gate check bag for our stroller and car seats will be essential for when we have to travel so the baby can meet them.
- A baby carrier for when we are on the go!
I’ll be sharing more of my registry essentials soon, along with a recap of my baby shower when the time comes. What items did you find you didn’t need? Let me know in the comments!
Enter the New Year, New Baby product giveaway below!
Marette Flora is the founder of Floradise blog and personalized gift shop. Marette is a passionate storyteller and creator. She attended the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism at Arizona State University and obtained a bachelor’s degree in journalism and mass communication.
She is passionate about creating helpful and meaningful things.