My quest for my holy grail products continues with these empties, which I finished in November and December. Most of these are skincare-related, as I dealt with some texture and breakouts related to stress and diet. This was after our toddler arrived, and the change was overwhelming for me; it showed on my face. I feel like I had more empties than this, but, alas, they disappeared. Let’s get to the items I had collecting dust awaiting this post:
- Yes to Grapefruit Correct & Repair Pore Perfection Night Treatment: The citrus scent is appealing and refreshing. I noticed my pores were minimized after using for a couple of weeks. I didn’t notice much improvement in redness, but my overall complexion improved. The only downside was that the cream felt a little heavy and when pushed down, more than I needed was dispensed. The affordable price of under $15 makes this an appealing product. I would repurchase.
- Lush Cup O’Coffee Face and Body Mask: This mask smells like a cup of java, making it a perfect start to the day. But I used this at night as well on some nights. The smell makes you want to eat it! The ground coffee gentle scrubs away any impurities. I will definitely repurchase.
- Hydrating Bubble Mask: (Review from my recent post) I’ve been using this exclusively to clean my face every night, and I am enjoying it so far. When you apply the gel to your face, it fizzles into a white foam or bubble mask. I leave it on for at least five minutes, or until I can’t handle the tickles on my face. It makes me want to scratch my nose or cheeks. My face feels clean after using it, and it removes my makeup. Of course, you don’t want to get this near your eyes. The packaging looks higher end than it is, which I think is a nice touch. I can’t say it’s my favorite cleanser ever, but it does the job. I would repurchase but right now I am using my Pacifica cleanser. This mask was sent to me for free by Influenster for testing purposes.
- Burt’s Bees Brightening Refining Tonic: The overall product is fine, but I did not enjoy the scent at all. I expected a more citrusy, grapefruit scent, but it was daisy extract that I apparently do not like. I bought it because Burt’s Bees is one of my favorite brands and I like that it’s cruelty-free. I will stick to my other Burt’s Bees products. If you like the scent you might enjoy this product. It’s a matter of personal preference.
- Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara: This lasted me months before drying out. It kept my brows in place and I had no complaints. The sculpting brush really does the job. I only replaced it because I wanted to try Anastasia Beverly Hills and stick to cruelty-free brands. The $7 price tag is also super affordable.
- Miss Spa Detox Mask: I’ve talked about loving the exfoliate mask in the past, and I enjoyed this one as well. I noticed an instant improvement in complexion and it’s just a nice pick-me-up. Also, it’s only about $2-3. I will buy this again.
- Dr Teal’s Pure Epsom Salt Soaking Solution, Soften and Nourish: This is one of my new favorite Dr. Teal’s products. The scent is soothing; perfect for late evening soaks before bed and after my workouts. I will definitely buy this again.
Shop my recent empties**:
Marette Flora is the founder of Floradise blog and personalized gift shop. Marette is a passionate storyteller and creator. She attended the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism at Arizona State University and obtained a bachelor’s degree in journalism and mass communication.
She is passionate about creating helpful and meaningful things.